Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Update

Well I made it safely to New York. All my flights were uneventful, the way I like it. They are delaying the surgery due to massive swelling in the brain. The tumor is sitting right on top of a major vein, so if they go in now, they will be risking him having a stroke while in surgery, or worse. So right now he is on steroids, and some other medications to help the swelling go down.

It is a wait and see game, so please pray the swelling goes down, there is a lot. Which swelling in the brain is not good anyways, let alone a huge tumor, larger then this neurosurgeon has seen. I bought a one way ticket thinking the surgery was being performed tonight, but now they are saying anywhere from 5-10 days. I can't stay that long, so some pretty tough decisions are going to be made this week. Also, school is on hold, so hopes of graduating are on hold, and really, I am fine with that. Family is more important then any old diploma.

So I am here, tired, and already emotionally worn out. All your prayers and encouraging words are so appreciated. You all are awesome! I plan on setting a blog up tomorrow for my step-dad. The recovery for this surgery is at least a year. So he will have a lot of blogging to do :) I will keep you all posted on that too. Thanks again and love to you all!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so glad that your trip was safe and uneventful. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Love ya,
Kristin

Drahdrah said...

Glad you arrived safely. Praying that the swelling goes down.

Holly said...

I'm glad you flight was good. I hope that the swelling goes down so that they can do the surgery. I pray that everything works out for you as you figure out what to do.

Becca said...

I am glad that you made it there safely! I will be praying for all of y'all. Please continue to keep us updated when you can!