Monday, July 9, 2012
I feel like summer has been flying by...we go August 8th for school pictures and form drop off day, wow, and that is Molly's 5th birthday, too!
Here is what we have been up to...
-We are finally getting a break from a horrendous heat wave, like seriously y'all...hot, hot, hot! We broke records and made our poor air conditioners work on overdrive. I know it's summer and it gets hot, I get that, but this year was unusually hot! And it's only the beginning of July...please Lord have mercy on us in August!
- The 4th of July was another hot day for us! The girls and I started the day out by attending our little village's parade. I thought hardly anyone would be there, boy was I wrong! There were tons of people! It was fun and hot, and Lucy got her first sucker! She loved every lick of that thing! The girls wore matching dresses that my friend, Rachel made for them. They looked so cute, I know I am biased, but really, look at them!
- After attending our village's parade, we left to go walk in one. Our church always participates in a 4th of July, but this year we walked in a different parade then years past. Our church is in the process of buying a Wal-Mart building in the same area where we meet right now at the high school. So we decided to walk in that town's parade. When we got back in the car after the parade the temperature on my phone read 108 degrees! Our girls did awesome during the parade! Lucy rode in the stroller and slept for most of it, but Molly walked the whole thing and passed out candy. She did so good and we were so proud of her! Eric had to drive the car that had all the goodies we passed out, so I was on my own with the girls.
- Later on in the day my dad and step-mom, Denise, came to visit. We surprised the girls with their visit. Molly was so funny, I think she said something like "what are you doing here?!" They stayed until Friday morning. It was such a good visit, and Friday was my dad's birthday, so I am glad we could spend some of the day together.
- We watched the fireworks on Wednesday night...Molly loved them, Lucy not so much. We sat a lot closer this year, and Lucy was not a fan of the noise, plus she was exhausted from both parades, and the heat. Not a good combo! Luckily we drove 2 cars, so Eric left with her right after they started. Molly was amazed by all of the colors and noises.
- We got a new car, well new to us. The car Eric and I use as our go to work car needs some help. We were very thankful for it, and it's been good to us, but it's getting a little too high maintenance for us, and the A/C went out. So it can be a sweaty ride to work! Our family ride is still doing great, which we are truly thankful for. So Eric has been looking, looking some more, and going around testing and talking to lots of people. Then he found one, hallelujah! We bought it off a really nice guy, and he took care of this car like a fine piece of china. Hopefully we can do the same!
- We leave in 2 weeks for vacation, another hallelujah! We are borrowing a friend's lake cottage for a week, and my in-laws are coming with us. I am so ready to get away for a week. Plus, our kids are like fishes in the water, so they are both going to enjoy swimming all day and probably night, too!
- Pretty much life has been good, God has continually amazed me by his blessings, and provision. We are trying to take advantage of every opportunity we have with the girls. I am excited for Molly to start school, but also sad because it's like so final. Once she is in school, she's in! So I am trying to make sure we do lots of fun and out of the ordinary things this summer.
Have a great Monday!