Monday, August 13, 2012
1. Molly turned 5 last Wednesday and just in case we forgot, she reminds us on an hourly basis...she also has told me now that she is 5, she is almost grown up, almost :)
2. Lucy got her first official haircut on Friday...bye bye mullet!
3. 3 weeks from tomorrow Molly starts kindergarten...still mulling over how I feel about this.
4. Eric is Molly's soccer coach for her soccer team this fall and spring...he is still mulling over how he feels about me volunteering him!
5. I am working on a chore/allowance/behavior system for Molly. I am having a really hard time with the money aspect. I want her to understand the value of money, but I also feel like money is a big deal and not sure how I feel about her earning it. I don't know, so any advice would be awesome.
6. I have been challenging myself to make something new from Pinterest every week, like a meal, craft, etc. Can't wait to share what I have done lately and hopefully provide y'all with some inspiration, because if I can do it, you can do it, too.
7. I ran 10 miles yesterday, 10, double digits, oh my word, 10 miles. I am sore today, but I did it, no walking, no nothing, pure jogging, 10 miles, just in case you didn't get that 10, ten. Wow.
8. I ran into a sweet lady tonight and her daughter at the library. Funny thing, Molly and this lady's daughter were in swim lessons together 4 years ago! The girls started playing before I saw the other mom, and it was like we were all instant friends. In the meantime she had another girl and so did I. But in the craziness of playing at the library and trying to keep 4 girls under control, we didn't get a chance to exchange info. I am praying that God reconnects us again.
Well, I am off to put a tired *almost* grown up 5 year old to bed...late...very late for her. But it's almost the end of summer, we Skyped with Papa and Neesie, and now she is relaxing and so am I! Happy Monday Night!
Posted by Kate Ferguson at 8:44 PM